Angeli Carriages, Austin, TX

Friday, March 28, 2008

From 0 to 7 in under three.



So for my first blog I thought I might begin by saying hello, and thank-you for sharing a moment with me. Last December this was all a fantasy, a daydream if you will, about how great it would be to be out on my own in the world of horse drawn carriages. Initial steps towards this end had been taken but it never got very far until one day when all the pieces just started to fall into place almost by chance.



One week I am driving to work at another carriage company, and talking to a friend about how wonderful it would be “if only”, and the next week I see an advertisement for a carriage company for sale. We inquired, emailed and phoned a lot, and before we knew it the whole kit and caboodle was on its way from Utah to us!



Likewise, my wish of having a spotted driving team was also fulfilled as I found a lovely pair in North Carolina. More emails and phone calls, and they too were on their way to Texas.

Since then, the road from just owning horses and carriages to having an operating business, has been a laborious one, but I wouldn’t trade a minute of it (except maybe for a bit more sleep). I can’t remember ever working so hard, but I can promise you that the rewards have never been so many.



I couldn’t have done this on my own though and this is where I owe a huge thank-you to so many of my friends and family. From building fences and stall walls, feeding horses and shoveling poo, to setting up bank accounts, purchasing a truck and teaching me how to pull a BIG trailer, to this very website and the business card that likely led you here, people have come out in mass to support Angeli Carriages. Owning my own business, working with horses has been my dream and I know it will be a great success.



As for the heading of this little tribute, well that is a glimpse of how far we’ve come is such a short time. We have gone from having zero horses and no place for them to tending seven, including the horse who shares her lovely home with my babies; and we did it all in under three months. Just think of what we can do in one year!

With high hopes for the future this is me, Fiona Siciliani, President of Angeli Carriages, signing off.

Fiona

P.S. Check back for regular blogs including the comical goings on in our herd. Since they sometimes act like they’re in a soap opera, I’m calling my blog “As the Herd Turns.” They do make us laugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Fiona
LeaAnn